Monday, October 10, 2011

Eight Thoughts on Ultimate Spider-Man Vol. 3 #1-2

I've got a look at the first two issues of the new Ultimate Spider-Man up on Sequart. It's a long and thoughtful piece, covering just about every aspect of these two issues, but focusing on two very touching, character-driven scenes. Along the way, however, I get to talk about decompression, race, Brian Michael Bendis, and the excellent artwork of Sara Pichelli. It's well worth a look, if you have a few minutes.

And though I forgot to put an update here, a week ago, I offered a follow-up to my piece on sexism in the DC relaunch. It's a rather conciliatory look at the thinking of Scott Lobdell, writer of Starfire and Her Amazing Friends... er, I mean Red Hood and the Outlaws. In all seriousness, it's a thoughtful attempt to bridge the gap between how the sexes view gender in America and a passionate call for more debate and discussion. (And yes, I get that it's not really a war between the sexes, but it's also not a war between feminists and unreconstructed sexists either. Quite the contrary, as I point out in the article.)

In case I forget to mention my new articles any other week, yes, there's a new one up every Monday, and I'm running considerably ahead, so that's not likely to change anytime soon.

No comments: